Ok...there's a ton of family friendly fun things to do in Charleston with kids. Many things are more age specific and are better suited towards younger and also older children.
Here's a comprehensive list of things to fill the itinerary in no particular order.
- Children's Museum of the Lowcountry - A great place for children 8 years and younger. Many fun activities, exhibits and programs throughout the year.
- SC Aquarium - One of the most visited attractions in the state. Kids...animals....its a winner.
- Edisto Island Serpentarium - See alligators, snakes and a bunch of other cool reptiles. They'll be talking about this one for a while.
- The area's beaches! This is a no-brainer if it's late spring or summer. Go to a lifeguarded beach which can be found at either Folly, the Isle of Palms or Kiawah. Lifeguarded Charleston Beaches
- Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site - The settlement by colonists in the Carolina's. Can learn history, go on an awesome boat, there's a small zoo and the grounds are beautiful.
- Ghost Walking Tours - Obviously this is for children a little older and is a lot of fun.
- USS Yorktown - A legendary WWII, Korean and Vietnam War Veteran aircraft carrier. Explore the ship, see planes on the deck and sit in the Captain's chair. Located in Mount Pleasant in the Charleston Harbor. There are lots of steep steps so very small children will need assistance.
- A Boat Tour - There are many of them from sailing to fast adventure and slow moving harbor tours. There's no better way to spend the day then on the water in Charleston...the kids will love it!
- The Black Fedora Comedy Mystery Theater - Welcoming all who love a good mystery and those who could use a good laugh! Great shows such as Inspector No Clue's Murder Mystery, the ghostly Charleston History Mystery, and family oriented Pirate Mystery Treasure Show.
Have suggestions? Leave comments below on what you think we either left out or would like to see on this list.