The list of summertime loves in Charleston could be quite lengthy but we’ve narrowed down our five favorites.
- Sand in our toes: It’s beach season and we can’t get enough of the warm breezes as we kick back in our beach chair or frolic in the ocean with the kiddos.
- Sullivan’s Island: Speaking of beaches, we probably shouldn’t tell you about this local gem. A barrier island north of the Charleston harbor, it’s a favorite spot for a barbecue lunch or a cold drink on a hot day with friends.
- Turtles: We love these lumbering creatures. Between May and October female loggerhead sea turtles come on shore our local beaches to lay their eggs. Volunteer turtle teams will sometimes relocate nests located in precarious areas so if you see a marked nest, please don’t disturb it. (Sullivan’s & IOP Turtle Team and Folly Beach Turtle Team)
- Sweet iced tea: Nothing hits the spot like a cold glass of iced tea on a hot summer day in the South.
- Flip-flops: The unofficial footwear of summer (or any time of the year for that matter), they make it easy to go from beach to restaurant.
Now, let’s hear your favorites!