We’re of course partial to Charleston, but here’s the truth. There are many similarities however there are some differences in our opinion:
- Both cities are historic and beautiful.
- Both cities are extremely walkable. Savannah, with it’s park-like squares maybe more walkable than Charleston.
- Charleston has a more established and food scene with many more options.
- Charleston has better hotels and shopping.
- Both cities have equally good tours.
- Charleston has better beach options. Savannah has Tybee which is great, however it’s 1 beach vibe versus Charleston which has 3 beaches with different vibes. Checkout this Charleston beach guide article: https://travelerofcharleston.com/guide-charlestons-beaches/
- In Savannah you can walk with alcoholic beverages on the street. This is not allowed in Charleston. This can be good or bad depending on your stance.
- Savannah is more affordable.
- TourPass offers all-inclusive passes in both cities: https://tourpass.com