Sometimes we just have to share a few of the things we adore about Charleston. As we wrap up winter and get ready for spring, we pause to offer up some things we love about the Lowcountry. Now, what do you love?
- The BB&T Charleston Wine + Food Festival: It’s the perfect excuse to stuff yourself silly. At venues all around Charleston March 6-9, the festival is delicious celebration of Charleston’s incredible culinary scene and foodie culture.
- Winter blooms: Charleston plantation and gardens are blooming with winter flowers like the camellia. This winter, see the Camellia japonica blooming at Magnolia Plantation & Gardens and at Middleton Place.
- Wonder’s Way: Get a bird’s eye view of Charleston from the bike and pedestrian path on the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge spanning the Cooper River.
- Charleston Green: A color seen often on historic properties that looks more like black at first glance.
- Joggling boards: Spotted on historic homes throughout the area, legend goes that young couples would sit at either end and “joggle” toward each other for a special moment.