There’s a crispness to the air and the leaves are turning colors…it’s time to get the sweaters out and consume all things flavored pumpkin! We’ve pulled some of the best October events to share with all our travelers of Charleston – we hope to see you at some of these Lowcountry special events. Share with us your favorite happenings, new restaurants and fun things to do using #CharlestonTraveler.
October Events & Things to Do
Fright Nights: through Oct. 31 👻
Boone Hall Pumpkin Patch & Corn Maze: through Oct. 31 🎃
Corn maze, hay mountain, play areas, rock climbing wall, goat walk and more at this family-friendly event. Plus, visit the pumpkin patch to buy pumpkins by the pound. At the Boone Hall Pumpkin Patch choose from a vast field of juicy pumpkins to take home for all your pumpkin carving needs.
The Fall Tours: Home, History & Architecture: Oct. 7 to Nov. 6, 2021
Visit some of the most historic homes and gardens in America on these self-paced tours organized by the Preservation Society of Charleston.
Free Verse Poetry Festival: Oct. 1 to Oct. 29
The City of Charleston’s first poetry festival with eclectic poetry events and workshops at multiple venues around Charleston.
Take a tour
This is the perfect time of year to book a ghost tour! Learn all about Charleston’s spookiest spots while hearing the best ghost stories from years past.
Start with these:
- Tourpass.com – includes the best things to do in Charleston, SC – Choose from over 40 top attractions where admission is included. Just present your easy to use mobile pass and you’re in!
- Bulldog Tours: Ghost & Graveyard Walking Tour, Haunted Jail Tour, Charleston Ghost & Dungeon Tour and the Dark Side of Charleston Walking Tour. Tours meet at 18 Anson St.
- USS Yorktown Ghost Tours: After dark, come aboard the famous “Fighting Lady” on this guided, 90-minute tour. Meet at Patriots Point ticketing area.
- Sandlapper Tours: Hear the tales of lost fortunes, pirate ships and tragic death while riding Charleston’s dark waves.
- TourPass includes 100% full admission to the top tours and attractions in Charleston, Savannah and St. Augustine.
- Make reservations instantly and skip the lines while saving 40% or more.
- In addition, their mobile pass shows your exact location via interactive maps, so you’ll never get lost.
- They have a parking garage map and you can also view the free trolley route map from within the Mobile Pass.
TourPass is available for the following cities: